- Access - DataBase System for Securing CGIs - This package helps webmaster to centralize cgi scripts security. Instead of keeping separate DataBases of allowed members and actions they can perform (and each dir it will be performed on) for each tool, the only one central DB will be used. Through the package's API, webadmin can add/remove/dump access rights by four fields: user, dir, tool, and action. It requires Perl5, MLDBM and Data::Dumper perl modules.
(Added: 5-May-2000 Hits: 2043)
- Apache Log Analyzer - Apache Log analyzer will help summarize your log file, and prevent hackers from repeatedly attacking your website to get access to the "members" area. It reports: Ranks all of the pages of your website according to visits, List page accesses by date, Ranks your server response codes, Identifies and fights hackers bombarding your members area with possible password combinations, Identifies usernames that have been distributed and are being used by multiple people, Ranks which username visits your members area the most, and Ranks which username downloads the most from your members area.
(Added: 5-May-2000 Hits: 2496)
- Cliff's SpamBot Killer Script - This script lets you get revenge on spammers who grab your e-mail address off of your web page. This script generates fake (but real looking) e-mail addresses. This means that when a spammer's harvester comes, it happily returns a couple thousand e-mail addresses, all of which will bounce.
(Added: 5-May-2000 Hits: 2048)
- Indexit - Have you ever wanted to know if someone is trying to access your private directories? This little script catches the perpertrator in his tracks. All you do is place this in your directory that you want to keep an eye on. This is not a password protected script, but just keeps your directories from being exposed. It works for servers that need the index.html file to read a directory without an extension. Indexit will email you all the needed information about that sneaky visitor. The script also writes all attempts to a log file in case your email is down. Perfect for cgi scripts that can't run on password protected directories, or directories that don't have an index file.
(Added: 7-May-2000 Hits: 1339)
- Locked Area Lite - Locked Area Lite is a highly sophisticated password protection and membership management system written in Perl. It has been designed to be as secure as possible while it still runs hands-free with no input from the webmaster. It uses Apacheís .htaccess and .htpasswd files along with DES randomised salt encryption of passwords for increased security. Includes a memberís database that lets the administrator maintain a mailing list and tools to allow your memberís to modify their account info, change password, remove account or request a new random password. Also includes a memberís area statistics system which lets the administrator see which users are logging in most and view the top IP addresses, web browsers and referrers amongst others.
(Added: 1-Jul-2003 Hits: 1636)